Mission and Roles of the Beacon Falls Public Library
The Library’s mission is to express the social and cultural foundations of the Town and to play a leadership role in building collaborations and networks. Its roles are to serve the residents as a community center, a learning place for children, and a source of life-long learning and popular materials for all residents.
The Library is located at 10 Maple Avenue, Beacon Falls, CT
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Tuesday, Thursday: 12:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Except July/August)
Director: Sue Dowdell
Assistant Librarian: Liz Setaro
Program Librarian: Amy Enquist
Library Assistant: Carine Greene
Substitute Library Assistants: Lori Ewen, Joanna Mays, Martha Melville
Long Range Plan:
The following were identified as Service Improvement Goals in the 2008-2012 Long Range Plan.
- Enlarging the Media and Adult collections
- Expanding the reach of children’s programs through outreach to agencies and other collaborative activities
- Expand resources and services for the public, and collection management services for library staff, by joining an automation consortium of other regional libraries
- Increase staff abilities to design and manage social networks and other web-based services
- Provide a range of social network and participative web services through a redesigned web site and increased staff
- Play a leadership role in forming collaborations and networks to build support for a better library
The Library Board of Trustees is currently developing the next long range plan and is seeking your input. Please express your opinions to the Library Board of Trustees, c/o Beacon Falls Public Library, 10 Maple Avenue, Beacon Falls, CT 06403, or by email. You are also invited to attend the Long Range Planning Committee meetings on the second Monday of each month at 5:30 PM or attend the regular meeting of the Library Board of Trustees on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM (except July/August).
Our library is affiliated with the following organizations:
- American Library Association
- Connecticut Library Association
- Connecticut Library Consortium
Library Board Policies are available here for your review.
A brief history of the Beacon Falls Public Library is available here.