- This event has passed.
FoBFL’s 6th Annual Great Cupcake Contest 1:00 PM
November 4, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
BE CREATIVE! It’s your time to show it.
Register for FoBFL’s 6th Annual Beacon Falls Great Cupcake Competition
Sponsored by Friends of Beacon Falls Library
Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM
1. Pre-register by Friday, November 3, 2017 at 5:30 PM. at the Beacon Falls Public Library to receive your entry number or register online and receive your entry number in a return email.
2. Any age may enter – one entry per person. One person per entry. Two age categories (Under 14 / 14 and older).
3. Recipes and title of cupcake must be emailed to email@example.com by Friday, November 3, 2017.
4.. Cupcakes may be made with or without using a box mix. Those made without a mix may be awarded up to 5 extra points in the competition.
5. Entry must be in the form of (1) Baker’s Dozen cupcakes (13 cupcakes total).
6. Twelve (12) of the cupcakes must be in a disposable container.
7. The 13th cupcake must be on a separate paper plate with the title of the cupcake and the entrant’s number.
8. Entries will be sold at the conclusion of the contest to benefit the Friends of Beacon Falls Library. A minimum donation of $.75/cupcake is appreciated.
9. All entries must be present at the FoBFL Holiday Shopping Fair to be held at St. Michael’s Church Lyceum by 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 4, 2017.
10. Judging will take place starting at 1:30 PM.
11. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each of two categories (Under 14 and 14 & Older)
1. 15 Points for FLAVOR: Aroma, taste, good balance of flavoring
2. 10 Points for TEXTURE: Moist and tender – not soggy or dry
3. 20 Points for CHARACTERISTICS/PRESENTATION (inside and out): Consistent shape with overall appeal
4. 15 Points for FROSTING: taste, texture and color
1. 5 Points added to total if it is made from scratch
2. 5 Points added to total if it is a Book-related theme